Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tips for New Writers

Being a writer myself, there have been several problems that I have encountered in the past.  One of the most common problems is non-payment of articles. Been there, done that. I really hate it when so-called "employers" would promise that they would pay you x amount of money for your hard work and then after you've passed the articles, poof! They're gone. Just like that. I've heard of and seen a lot of these incidents written in various forums. The sad thing is, we writers do not really have a protection when it comes to scammers.

The best thing to do to avoid scammers is to research on your potential employer. The ones that I've worked with in the past would have several articles to their names, usually found on the Web. Most of them are also experts in ezinearticles.com. I figured that since they have an online reputation in a trusted website, they must be good employers. And they proved to be great.

Another thing to avoid being scammed is to be wary of those people who promise the moon and the stars. If you think that the price that they're offering you is WAY above the industry standards, then it must probably be too good to be true.

Newbie writers should also be careful not to give out their home address or other personal details in their resume. What I do whenever I send my resume online is to just place in my name, mobile number, and my e-mail address. Usual online employers would not need your home address or landline number because you'll be communicating via email or messenger.

I now have a writer working for me because I'll be swamped with work starting next week and I cannot write everything. Of course, I'll still need to review her work and tweak it so that the finished articles would have my writing style. My writer would definitely be a great help to me next week and I hope everything works out well. And don't worry, I am not a scammer. LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

scammer! hahaha! ^o^