Saturday, November 15, 2008

Keep Moving Forward

First off, Meet the Robinsons is among my favorite films and no, this is not a movie review. The entire film was centered on the mantra "Keep Moving Forward," hence the title of this post. I just think that it's a fitting description of what I should do, having found myself at a crossroad at this point in my life.

I have always been an optimist and I do think that things happen for a reason. Also, I am not a big believer of regret. I honestly think that I would never regret something that once made me smile as well as something that once held a special place in my heart.

To move forward is to let go of the past and look forward to a better future. As they say, the future is only as bright as you imagine it to be - and what could be holding you back is yourself. We are sometimes afraid to let go of things or even people. But we also need to understand that to save ourselves from insanity, we have to release old memories so that we could make some room for new ones. We would only be able to fully move forward if we just accept things that we don't want to happen, learn things that we don't want to know, and most importantly, let go of memories that we think we cannot live without.

One of my college friends recently asked me to go with her and work abroad early next year. She was supposed to fly this year but decided to go on the first quarter of 2009 instead. I have to admit that I have never seriously thought of working abroad as an option. Until now.

To be honest, I am not quite sure where my life is headed. Maybe lady luck is on another country, I don't know. I told my friend that I would think about it first and get back to her. I'm a bit frustrated at myself, for I am not even sure what it is that I want anymore.

It is terribly tempting to explore new things, discover new places, and meet new friends. Does it mean that I am ready to leave everything behind and work abroad? Of that, I'm not sure yet. It could be exciting; after all, I've never been out of the country and I'll be with a close friend. But I'll just have to play it by ear because I'm still praying for it.

My approaching birthday as well as the Christmas season make me happy, to say the least. I am always excited about Christmas that I do not give much thought about my birthday at all. This year, a friend of mine told me that he'll surprise me on that day, so let's just wait and see. :)

And oh, don't forget to watch Twilight on the 26th. Catch you all later! ^_^

No comments: